- Search for OM-D E-M1 Mark II Support Topics
- Download the OM-D E-M1 Mark II Manual
- Download the OM-D E-M1 Mark II Firmware Updates
- Contact Olympus Support
- Register My OM-D E-M1 Mark II
- Send My OM-D E-M1 Mark II in for Service
- Extend My Warranty
OM-D E-M1 Mark II Instruction Manuals
OM-D E-M1 Mark II Software & Apps
Installing Firmware Updates
You can download the newest firmware to your camera through the Internet. You'll need to download Olympus Workspace, which now includes the Olympus Digital Camera Updater, to update the firmware of your digital camera.
READ BEFORE UPDATING
Please be extremely careful to follow the directions when updating your lens or camera firmware.
- Never disconnect the camera until you see “OK” on the back LCD, and this can take several minutes depending on your internet connection/speed.
- Disconnecting the USB cord during the update is a main reason the firmware can fail, which results in the need to send in the lens or camera for repair. So patience is key!
- Be sure to have a fully charged battery in the camera and installed Olympus Workspace/Digital Camera Updater software. Follow the "Update Your Firmware" link above to obtain this software.
Olympus Technical Support is happy to walk you through the process if you would like assistance! We can be reached at 1-888-553-4448, Monday-Friday, 9 am – 9 pm ET (closed most major holidays).
- Stability of operation when shooting still images has been improved.
- Stability of EVF operation when the camera is turned on has been improved.
- New AF algorithm from the OM-D E-M1X is included on the OM-D E-M1 Mark II.
- Single AF (S-AF) enables accurate focusing on the subject even with mixed perspectives.
- C-AF Center Priority can be turned on/off for AF Target modes other than Single, Small, and 121-point.
- Group 25-point is now supported.
- C-AF + MF is now supported
- High-precision focusing even when shooting dark scenes and low-contrast subject.
- ISO L100 has been added.
- “Low ISO Processing (Detail Priority)” delivers higher resolution.
- High ISO noise is reduced by approximately 1/3 over the OM-D E-M1 Mark II v2.3
- Log shooting is supported for effective shooting where lighting conditions change easily.
- Focus Stacking allows selection of 3 to 15 shots to match the subject
- Flickerless function prevents unstable exposure particularly when shooting on sequential shooting mode indoors.
- Frame Rate Priority on LV Boost 2 is now supported.
- USB RAW data Edit is now supported.
- Setting changes and playback display while writing to the SD card.
- Wireless radiowave commander FC-WR is now supported.
- Stability of operation when using SD card (UHS-II) has been improved.
- Corrected issue of C-AF not operating correctly when using the "LEICA DG ELMARIT 200mm F2.8 / POWER O.I.S. (H-ES200)" interchangeable lens produced by Panasonic.
- New art filter [Bleach Bypass] has been added.
- Possible to use focus stacking photography with "M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm F4.0 IS PRO".
- Small targets have been added to AF target mode.
- Possible to set a maximum of 35 pre-shutter frames for Pro Capture shooting.
- Display has been improved to show that Pro Capture shooting is recording.
- "Flicker Scan" has been added so it is possible to reduce flickering by fine adjustment of shutter speed while looking at the live view when using electronic shutter.
- Fisheye compensation photography has been added for use of M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 8mm F1.8 Fisheye PRO. You can view the effects in live view while shooting images.
- Possible to set zoom ratio during playback. Also, added pixel equivalence display to zoom ratio.
- Pro Capture shooting is available for additional lenses.
- Display of remaining battery power has been improved.
- Response when assigning AF to AEL/AFL button has been improved.
- Stability of camera operation when using OLYMPUS Capture has been improved.
- Stability of image stabilizer operation when shooting video has been improved.
- Performance of C-AF when shooting still images has been improved.
- Color reproduction of photographed images has been improved.
- Stability of operation when shooting still images has been improved.
- Corrected issue of autofocus (AF) function not operating correctly when using the "LEICA DG ELMARIT 200mm F2.8 / POWER O.I.S. (H-ES200)" interchangeable lens produced by Panasonic.
- Improved stability of operations when shooting while utilizing the EVF.
- Corrected issue of AF Targeting Pad not functioning.
Our newest imaging software supporting various styles of workflows, this software is packed with features that meet the demands of pro photographers. New Version 1.1 available!
Tether select OM-D cameras to your computer and optimize your studio photography experience. Control shutter release, camera settings and image transfer.
Contact Support for OM-D E-M1 Mark II
Olympus America Inc.
CPG Customer Care and Support
3500 Corporate Parkway
P.O. Box 610
Center Valley, PA 18034-0610
Mon-Fri 9:00am-9:00pm ET
Digital Cameras/ Digital Voice Recorders/ Binoculars
Mon-Fri 9am-9pm ET
Send My Product in for Service
We are sorry to learn that you have a product that is in need of repair. For details on our warranty policies and repair procedures please refer to the information provided with your product or click on the link listed below.
Olympus servicing includes a complete inspection of all functions and repair and/or replacement of all parts necessary to ensure your product meets factory specifications.
REVIEW OUR REPAIR PROCESSReview steps and available benefits to make the process smooth.
SUBMIT YOUR REPAIROlympus service and repair includes a complete inspection of all functions, repair and or replacement of all parts necessary to ensure your product meets factory specifications.
QUICK REPAIR DROP-OFF (NJ ONLY)Available to our customers in the South Hackensack, NJ area. Bring your product along with paperwork and a copy of your proof of purchase to our Drop-off Center.
TRACK YOUR REPAIRManage and track the status of your repair with your service order number.
QUESTIONS?For questions, call (800) 622-6372, M-F, 9:00am to 9:00pm ET.
Extend My Warranty - OM-D Cameras
Olympus products are built to highest quality standards and should provide you with years of satisfaction. Ensure the long lasting enjoyment of your purchase with an Extended Warranty for the Olympus OM-D Body only.
EXTENDED WARRANTY INCLUDES:
- Coverage against defects in materials or workmanship for two years beyond the original manufacturer's warranty period.
- One free checkup and cleaning during the warranty period.
What is covered by the Extended Warranty?
If the Olympus product fails to function properly under normal and proper usage due to defects in materials or workmanship, during the period of this Extended Warranty, Olympus will, at its option, either repair at no charge for parts or labor, or replace.
- Extended warranty must be purchased within the original warranty time period: First year on a new product, 90 days on a refurbished product
- Extended warranty is limited to product sold in the USA, its territories, and Canada from authorized Olympus dealers. Repairs will only be performed in corresponding locations.