- Search for OM-D E-M5 Support Topics
- Ask a Question of Community and Experts
- Download the OM-D E-M5 Manual
- Download the OM-D E-M5 Firmware Updates
- Contact Olympus Support
- Register My OM-D E-M5
- Send My OM-D E-M5 in for Service
- Extend My Warranty
OM-D E-M5 Instruction Manuals
OM-D E-M5 Software & Apps
*Firmware version of the E-M5 camera must be updated to the latest version (ver. 1.1) before updating the firmware of the lenses.
*Please note that the user will need the latest version of the Digital Camera Updater (Win: ver. 1.03 / Mac: ver. 1.04) when updating the firmware of lenses using the E-M5 camera body.
- Support for VF-4 electronic viewfinder. *Automatic display switching by the VF-4 eye sensor is not supported.
- Compatible with Olympus lens with a built-in image stabilizing function.
* The camera body recognizes the IS built into the lens, allowing for optimal image stabilizing effects.
Not compatible with 5 axis Sync IS.
* You can get the effects of rolling stabilization from the IS function of the body, along with the effects of image stabilization from the IS function of the lens.
- Compatible with Windows 10.
Precision of AF when M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO lens is mounted has been improved.
- Performance of image stabilizer in macro mode when used with E-M5 in the OM-D series has been improved.
- The Zoom Resume (similar to Olympus' RESET LENS OFF) function for electric zoom lenses when used with Panasonic cameras is now supported.
Resolved unstable exposure during sequential shooting when using C-AF on the E-M5.
- Improved sleep recovery operation.
- AF target is indicated when using C-AF+TR while shooting sequential images using Sequential L setting. - Added function to automatically move focus to the following zoom positions when underwater macro mode or underwater wide mode is selected. (Only when M. ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-50 mm F3.5-6.3 EZ is attached)
- Underwater wide mode: Wide setting
- Underwater macro mode: Telephoto setting
Announcement: E-M5 firmware update ver. 1.2 is temporarily suspended
We have received some inquiries from E-M5 owners who could not complete the ver. 1.2. firmware update. While Olympus is investigating this matter, the update service for firmware ver.1.2 is temporarily suspended. The update service for ver. 1.1 remains available. Please be assured that the customers who have updated their E-M5 to ver 1.2 won't experience any problems. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Our newest imaging software supporting various styles of workflows, this software is packed with features that meet the demands of pro photographers. New Version 1.1 available!
Our newest imaging software supporting various styles of workflows, this software is packed with features that meet the demands of pro photographers.
Contact Support for OM-D E-M5
Send My Product in for Service
We are sorry to learn that you have a product that is in need of repair. For details on our warranty policies and repair procedures please refer to the information provided with your product or click on the link listed below.
Olympus servicing includes a complete inspection of all functions and repair and/or replacement of all parts necessary to ensure your product meets factory specifications.
REVIEW OUR REPAIR PROCESSReview steps and available benefits to make the process smooth.
SUBMIT YOUR REPAIROlympus service and repair includes a complete inspection of all functions, repair and or replacement of all parts necessary to ensure your product meets factory specifications, or "Clean & Check." Please fill out the Repair Request Form using the link below to receive a repair quote and instructions on how to ship your product for repair.
SUBMIT YOUR REPAIR NOW
PRO ADVANTAGE MEMBERS
If you are a Pro Advantage Member utilizing our Repair or Clean & Check services, please call 1-800-622-6372 or visit our Contact Us page to get shipping information before submitting the repair request form.
QUESTIONS?For questions, call 1-800-622-6372, Monday-Friday, 6:00am to 2:00pm ET.