OM-D E-M5 Mark III Support Topics
What Battery is Compatible?
The BLS-50 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
The battery is rated at 1210 mAh.The battery can be recharged approximately 500 times
How Long Does It Take My Battery to Charge
The normal charging time using the supplied charger is approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes (estimated)
Does the E-M5 Mark III allow Flash in the Silent Shutter mode?
Yes! Flash can be set to Allow in the Silent Mode Setting under Anti-Shock/Silent setting in Shooting Menu 2.
What External Grip Can Be Used With The E-M5-MKIII ?
The ECG-5 external grip is designed specifically for the E-M5 Mark III. It is equipped with a shutter release and control dial. Attaching the grip to the camera body provides an improved hold and controls.
What new features have been added to the E-M5 Mark III camera?
• 20MP Live MOS Sensor
• TruePic™ VIII Image Processor
• Compact, In-Body 5-Axis Image Stabilization (up to approx. 5.5 EV steps of compensation)
• 121-Point All-Cross-Type On-Chip Phase Detection AF
• 10fps high-speed sequential shooting with AF/AE Tracking
• 30fps maximum sequential shooting speed with focus and exposure locked
• Six AF Target Options: Single, Group 5-point, Group 9-point, Group 25-point, 121-point & Small
• 4K Video supports C4K and 4K 30p video recording
• 2.36 Million dot OLED Viewfinder (image magnification of 0.67X with long eye point for easy viewing even with glasses)
• Custom Mode for easy access to preferred settings
• 50MP Tripod High-Res Shot
• Pro Capture
• Focus Bracketing & Focus Stacking
• Wi-Fi Compatible with Bluetooth® Version 4.2 BLE
• USB Charging
• Anti-Flicker Shooting
• Ships with Camera Body, Micro USB Cable, Shoulder Strap, FL-LM3 Flash, BLS-50 Li-Ion Battery, BCS-5 Li-Ion Battery Charger, Instruction Manual, Warranty Card.
What type of memory card can I use with the model?
The E-M5 Mark III camera is compatible with SD, SDHC and SDXC cards.
xD-Picture CardTM, CompactFlash® and Eye-Fi cards can not be used.
* Compatibility table for SD Media Cards
Where can I find the instruction manual for my camera?
You can find the E-M5 Mark III camera manual online.
* Download the Manual
What Remote Cable Release Can Be Used ?
The Remote Cable Release (RM-CB2) is a convenient release cable with a pin jack terminal (2.5mm diameter) that features a bulb lock function convenient for long exposures. The connector features an L-shaped design to ensure a compact form when connected to the camera.
The RM-CB2 cable release enables you to focus and trigger your OM-D E-M1 Mark III without the vibration associated with using the shutter release button. This is especially useful for macro and microphotography, where it’s absolutely critical that the camera remains still.
What Eyecup Is Compatible?
The EP-15 is bundled with the E-M5 Mark III, E-M5 Mark II, E-M10 Mark III, and E-M10 Mark II.
The EP-16 is a large eyecup design. This accessory blocks external light making the viewfinder easier to use. By using materials with elastic properties, the eyecup fits all eyes, regardless of whether the user is wearing glasses or not. Support from both the eye area and both arms improves stability for a posture that reduces camera shake.