OM-D E-M1X Support Topics
UPDATING YOUR FIRMWARE – READ THIS FIRST!
Please carefully follow the directions when updating your lens or camera firmware and keep in mind the following:
· Firmware updates can take several minutes to complete. Do not disconnect the USB cable during the update process.
Once you see "OK" on the rear monitor, it is safe to disconnect the cable.
- Be sure to have a fully charged battery in the camera and installed Digital Camera Updater software. Follow the Download Firmware link on the product support page to obtain this software.
Olympus Technical Support is happy to help you through this process. If you would like assistance, please contact us.
I have GPS turned off in Custom Menu “Gear” J3, but the GPS icon is still flashing on my viewscreen.
There are a total of three GPS related settings. All three must be turned off to keep the camera from seeking a GPS lock and using battery power.
1. Record GPS location, in Custom Menu “Gear” J3 must be turned to OFF.
2. Field Sensor Logger, in Custom Menu “Gear” J3 must be Stopped.
3. The Auto Time Adjust setting in Clock Settings, located in the Setup menu is turned on. This setting uses GPS data to keep the time settings up to date. Turn this setting off to stop the icon from flashing and reduce battery drain.
MENU > Setup Menu (wrench) > Time Settings (clock) > Auto Time Adjust (switch to OFF)
Also, see page 564 and 455 of the full E-M1X user’s manual for more information.
Do the batteries in the E-M1X need to be fully charged to do a firmware update?
The E-M1X requires ONE fully charged battery installed in the camera to do a camera firmware update. This model requires up to ten minutes or more for the firmware update to download. Please be patient.
Here is the link to Camera and Lens firmware update instructions.
* Firmware Update Instructions
Olympus Technical Support is happy to help you through this process. If you would like assistance, please contact us at: 1-888-553-4448, Monday - Friday, 9AM - 9PM ET (Closed most major Holidays)
Can I Use Flash in Silent (Electronic Shutter) mode?
Yes! This feature must be enabled.
MENU > Shooting Menu 2 > Anti-Shock/Silent > Silent Mode Settings > Flash Mode > Allow
• The flash sync speed is 1/50 s. • At ISO settings over ISO 8000, the flash sync speed drops to 1/20 s and the maximum frame advance rate to 30 fps
Why is Live ND Shooting "Grayed Out" ?
Live ND Shooting is only available in Manual and Shutter Priority exposure modes.
See page 197 in the full E-M1X user's manual.
Does the E-M1X camera do Focus Stacking and how do I enable it?
Yes, the E-M1X camera is Focus Stacking compatible with M. Zuiko Focus Stacking compatible lenses.
The following lenses are compatible with Focus Stacking.
- M.ZUIKO ED 30mm F3.5 MACRO
- M.ZUIKO ED 60mm F2.8 MACRO
- M.ZUIKO ED 12-40mm F2.8 PRO
- M.ZUIKO ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO
- M.ZUIKO ED 7-14mm F2.8 PRO
- M.ZUIKO ED 8mm F1.8 FISHEYE PRO
- M.ZUIKO ED 8-25mm F4.0 PRO
- M.ZUIKO ED 300mm F4.0 IS PRO
- M.ZUIKO ED 12-100mm F4.0 IS PRO
- M.ZUIKO ED 12-45mm F4.0 PRO
- M.ZUIKO ED 100-400mm F5.0-6.4 IS
- M.ZUIKO ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25X IS PRO
- M.ZUIKO 1.4x TELECONVERTER MC-14
- M.ZUIKO 2x TELECONVERTER MC-20
- The angle of view of the images created by Focus Stacking will be reduced approximately 7%.
- Please update your firmware to the latest version to ensure full compatibility with the lenses listed above.
MENU à Shooting Menu 2à Bracketing (switch to ON) à Focus BKT (switch to ON)à
Focus Stacking (Switch to ON)àSet number of shots (From 3-15 images/New to the E-M1X)à
Set focus differential ( Focus point distance spacing, User adjustable depending on subject