ACTIVATE YOUR CAMERA’S LIVE SUPER CONTROL PANEL
The Live Super Control Panel (SCP) is enabled during live view shooting by default on the OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 Mark II, but did you know you can enable this same feature on your OM-D, PEN or Stylus 1 right now?
GET INSTANT ACCESS TO SETTINGS LIKE:
- ISO Sensitivity
- Flash Mode & Intensity
- Sequential Shooting/Timer
- White Balance
- Metering Modes
- Auto Focus Modes & Targets
- and more...
Ready for super control? Follow the directions below to enable this feature, or watch our new in depth video tutorial by Olympus Technical Rep Charles Garcia.
HOW TO ACTIVATE YOUR LIVE SCP:
OM-D CAMERAS (E-M1, E-M10, E-M5)
By default out of the box, OM-D cameras show the SCP or “Super Control Panel” on the camera’s panel display when using the viewfinder to preview the image for shooting. However, if you choose to enable the panel display for live view shooting, the SCP is no longer shown or available. To enable this while using live view shooting, follow the steps outlined below:
- Press the MENU button, then press the down arrow button three times until the “Cogs” tab is selected, for “Custom Menu”. Press the right arrow button to enter this tab, then down arrow three times to select the “Disp/Sound/PC” menu.
- Press the right arrow button to enter this menu (Cogs D tab), then down arrow two times to select “Control Settings” tab.
- Press the right arrow and proceed to select one of the four shooting mode settings “iAUTO, P/A/S/M, ART, or SCN” to select the shooting mode currently being used. After this is selected, press the right arrow button to go into the screen showing the available options.
- Use the up or down arrow buttons to select the “Live SCP” option. Once highlighted select confirm your selection as follows:
- E-M5: Press the right arrow button to select “ON” and press “OK” button to commit to selection.
- E-M1/E-M10: Press the “OK” button to insert a check mark on the box and commit selection.
- To show the Live SCP by default, deselect the other control options in this menu (i.e. Live Control and/or Live Guide). To exit, press shutter button half-way, or press the MENU button four times to go back to the main live view shooting screen on the camera’s LCD.
- Once back in shooting mode, press the “OK” button. If you de-selected the other control options, the Live SCP will be displayed by default.